Jam Filled Diversity in Animation Scholarship
The Jam Filled Diversity in Animation (JFDIA) scholarship program is focused on attracting diverse students to the animation industry. The program provides financial support and mentorship opportunities to promising second year students.
Value and Duration of Scholarship
Four (4) individual scholarships will be available to students who are entering the second (2nd) year of an animation program at one of the six (6) Eligible Institutions. Special focus will be on awarding the four (4) scholarships to students from different institutions.
These scholarships are valued at $3,000 CAD per academic year and are renewable until the bachelor's degree or diploma is obtained.
OPEN to the first 100 SUBMITTED applications.
An eligible applicant must:
- be enrolled as a full-time student in an Animation Program at one of the six (6) Eligible Institutions,
- have successfully completed the first (1st) year of studies with intention of entering the second (2nd) year,
- be in good academic standing over the last two (2) terms of available marks,
- identify as diverse (special focus on ethno-racial and indigenous identities, gender and sexual identities, place of origin, age and ability).
Eligible Institutions and Programs:
- Sheridan College – Bachelor of Animation Program (4 years)
- Algonquin College – Animation Program (3 Years)
- Seneca College – Animation Program (3 Years)
- Nova Scotia Community College – Digital Animation Program (2 Years)
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design – Bachelor programs in Media Arts with a minor in Animation (4 years)
- Centennial College – Animation - 3D (2 years)
Apply for a Scholarship
To apply for a scholarship and to access your online account, please login using your email address and password. In order to search for scholarships, you will need to create a user profile.