Sun Life’s roots run deep in Canada, where our company began more than 150 years ago. Our business started with the sale of insurance and has expanded to offer wealth solutions and customized health programs to our clients. Today we are an industry leader touching the lives of millions of individuals and thousands of companies across the country – and many more millions of clients around the world.
About the Scholarship
Our Inclusion Scholarship aims at supporting the Black and Indigenous Communities of Canada, as we strive to create a more inclusive environment for all. This scholarship will help students get financial support, an exciting internship in a leading financial institution, mentorship and professional coaching from our management team, and the possibility to have a full time employment opportunity upon graduation.
Up to Twenty (20) scholarships will be available at the bachelor or master’s level.
These scholarships are valued at $5,000 CAD per year, available for one academic year. The scholarship also includes:
- A 4-month internship within Sun Life for summer 2023
- Career and professional mentorship from Sun Life during the internship
- Possibility for a full time offer to join Sun Life upon graduation
- People who self-identify as part of the Black and Indigenous communities;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Enrolled in full-time studies in their last year of a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree in the 2023-2024 academic year;
- Have a minimum cumulative average of 70% (2.70 GPA or B-average) over the last three terms of available marks*;
- Available to complete an internship in either of our offices in Toronto, Waterloo, or Montreal, or virtually (work from home) from any location within Canada if unable to work in these locations.
Eligible applicants must: