Telesat Fellowship for Indigenous Youth
About the Fellowship:
The connectivity gap continues to disproportionately impact indigenous communities in Rural and Remote areas, and as Telesat continues its work to bring connectivity to those underserved communities, we are proud to support the next generation of Indigenous leaders in technology and engineering.
This award is aimed at increasing representation for indigenous people in the engineering profession and supporting future Indigenous engineers by providing tuition assistance and opportunities for paid internship placements at one of Telesat’s four Teleport facilities across Canada.
Field of Study/Program Requirements
This fellowship is open to Indigenous students studying in an engineering or technology field that is relevant to Telesat’s operations:
- Computer/Software Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Satellite Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Number, Value and Duration of Fellowship
Two (2) scholarships will be available at the bachelor degree and college diploma levels. These scholarships are valued at $5,000. In addition to the scholarship funds, recipients are also eligible for a $15,000 stipend and a paid internship at one of Telesat’s four teleport sites nationwide.
Eligible applicants must:
- identify as indigenous (Inuit, Métis, or First Nations);
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- be enrolled in full time studies in a first bachelor degree or college diploma program;
- be enrolled in an engineering or technology discipline applicable to Telesat’s operations;
- Be willing to relocate for a paid internship opportunity at one of Telesat’s four nationwide teleport sites. These sites are located in Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Nunavut;
- have a minimum cumulative average of 75% (or equivalent) over the last three terms of available marks*. Non- academic courses such as career or personal development related courses will not be considered.
For More Information
If you require further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for a Scholarship or Fellowship
To apply for a scholarship and to access your online account, please login using your email address and password. In order to search for scholarships, you will need to create a user profile by registering below.