TELUS Friendly Future Foundation Social Impact Bursary
Deadline to apply: Monday, July 10 - 3 PM EST
At TELUS Friendly Future Foundation, we’re committed to helping youth reach their full potential. We understand that not all youth have equal opportunities or the resources to do so, including access to higher education. Being able to obtain a college diploma or university degree opens doors for youth to gain skills, launch careers and become the changemakers of tomorrow.
Our Why: While many student award programs are focused on recognizing academic achievement, the TELUS Friendly Future Foundation Social Impact Bursary invites all students experiencing financial need who are committed to making a difference in their communities.
*** Fill out the application early. Only the first 400 applications will be considered.***
Who is eligible to apply:
- Demonstrated critical financial need ($65,000 or less net combined family income)
- Youth between the ages of 17 and 29
- Accepted into or attending a first full-time undergraduate degree or diploma program at a college, university or polytechnic institute in Canada
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Commitment to making a positive social or environmental impact in their community
The TELUS Friendly Future Foundation Social Impact Bursary will support:
- NEED, not merit: We want to help students experiencing financial need pursue higher education.
- ANY AND ALL PROGRAMS: Bursaries of $3,000 for college and $5,000 for university are available to pay for tuition and other academic fees in any program.
- ANY YEAR OF STUDY: Students in any year of study in a first degree or diploma program can apply.
- GIVING BACK: We are looking to support students who are committed to making a difference in their communities by taking on a social impact initiative over the course of their degree or diploma. See application for some inspiration and examples of ways to help change the world!
What makes this bursary different from others?
- Renewable funding: Multi year bursaries are available (as long as you continue to fulfill the criteria, you would be eligible to apply to receive the bursary again.)
- Long-term TELUS support: We know it takes more than the education you will receive to be successful. Our well-rounded offering includes potential mentorship, career guidance, internships, and access to discounted phone and Internet services.
- Community: Recipients will be connected with other like-minded individuals who also want to help make the world better and lift up those around them. This community can further your career and help you truly achieve financial and social impact success.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for more details.