Ted Rogers Community Scholarship
ObjectiveRogers is committed to connecting youth to opportunities that will help them reach their highest potential. Investing in youth and education is one of the most powerful ways we can build a stronger Canada.
The Ted Rogers Community Scholarships are aimed at students entering or going back to school, full-time or part- time to pursue a first bachelor’s degree, first diploma program or first trades program at a Canadian university, college or trades school, with a focus on equity-deserving young people (women, Black, Indigenous Peoples, People of Colour, Persons with Disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+).
Number, Value and Duration of Scholarships
- In 2023, Ted Rogers Community Scholarships will be awarded to up to 15 youth nominated by our community partner.
- These scholarships are valued at $2,500 CAD per year, renewable for up to four consecutive years or until first degree or diploma is obtained.
- Scholarships for trades programs are valued up to $2,500 CAD per year, renewable for up to three consecutive years or until a diploma or certificate is obtained.
EligibilityAn eligible applicant must be:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident, age 25 or younger
- a participant of one of the following Rogers community partner:
- BGC Canada
- Be planning to enter, or go back to school, full time or part time studies in a first bachelor degree or first diploma program or first trades program at a Canadian university, college or trades school.
- Eligible post-secondary institutions: Canadian educational institutions which have recognized provincial degree/diploma-granting powers, or their affiliates (e.g. universities, colleges/CEGEPs).
- Community partners must refer at least 70% of recipients that are equity-deserving (women, LGBTQ2S+, and Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour and people with disabilities).
Focus on equity-deserving: